The Cataclysm: Vietnam is the twenty-third season of the fictional reality competition series The Cataclysm. It is the second season to feature a mix of new and former players, and it the fifth overall to feature returning players.
Taking place in South Vietnam, eight men and eight women, along with four returning contestants, compete in the ultimate test of strength, endurance, and intelligence in order to be the "last one standing" and claim the $2,000,000 prize.
Contestants Sasha Taylor and Malaya Cardi returned for The Cataclysm XXV, which Taylor won. Cardi returned alongside Dominic Moss for The Ultimate Cataclysm. Heath Finch later made his return on The Cataclysm: Resurrection II.
- Exemption Challenge: The Cataclysm's immunity challenge. The winners of this challenge are exempt from elimination.
- Commander: Prior to an exemption challenge during the faction stage, each team must select a member to be the team captain. This player becomes the Commander for that challenge. The Commander of the winning faction gets to nominate three players from the opposite team to face the voting ballot.
- Ballot: The Cataclysm's elimination round. Those nominated to face the ballot risk being eliminated.
- Medallions: Two medallions are eligible to use in the game: the Resurrection Medallion and the Chaos Medallion. Contestants must solve clues to be able to find these medallions.
- Reward of Redemption: The power it possesses allows the holder to play it after the ballot votes have been read, where it saves the person with the highest number of votes from being eliminated. It can be found and used only once in the game.
New Features and Twists Edit
- Mystery Representatives: Each faction is represented by an unknown returning player. These representatives are isolated on their own where they compete in their own challenges. During the first four episodes, the representatives compete in individual challenges where they can earn immunity for their faction. On Episode 5, the representatives are revealed and officially join the competition.
- Reset Factions: On Episode 5, the Mystery Representatives twist is ended and the returning players join the game. Following this, the 16 collective players start from scratch when they're separated into two new factions.
Episode Progress Edit
|WINNER||The contestant won The Cataclysm.|
|Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 2nd place.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge as the Commander (Faction Stage), and nominated three opposing players for the voting ballot.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge and was immune from elimination.|
|SAFE||The contestant was granted exemption by their representative, and did not compete in the Exemption Challenge or face the voting ballot.|
|SAFE||The contestant was not immune, but was not placed in the ballot.|
|LOW||The contestant faced the voting ballot and survived.|
|BTM||The contestant faced the voting ballot and received the second highest number of votes.|
|ELIM||The contestant received the highest number of votes and was subsequently eliminated.|
- Through Episodes 1-4, Ayumi, Charlotte, Dominic, and Gabriel acted as Mystery Representatives for their factions and were not officially in the game.
- On Episode 5, Joshua played the Chaos Medallion, thus adding all of Tre Lon to the voting ballot.
- On Episode 7, Sasha played the Resurrection Medallion, thus removing her nomination from the voting ballot.
- On Episode 10, Malaya played the Resurrection Medallion, thus removing his nomination from the voting ballot.
- On Episode 11, Dominic played the Chaos Medallion, thus adding all eligible players to the voting ballot.
- On Episode 16, Charlotte played the Reward of Redemption, thus removing her votes from the voting ballot and keeping her in the game.