The Cataclysm: Resurrection is the thirteenth season of the fictional reality competition series The Cataclysm. For the first time since the original All-Star season, this season features 20 returning contestants looking to redeem their previous losses.
Contestants Aubrey Rush and Hugo Riley returned to compete on The Cataclysm XXV. Erin Montoya, Taryn Tsu, and winner Keven Blackburn returned for The Ultimate Cataclysm.
- Exemption Challenge: The Cataclysm's immunity challenge. The winner(s) of this challenge is exempt from elimination.
- Commander: Prior to an exemption challenge during the faction stage, each team must select a member to be the team captain. This player becomes the Commander for that challenge. The Commander of the winning faction gets to nominate three players from the opposite team to face the voting ballot.
- Ballot: The Cataclysm's elimination round. Those nominated to face the ballot risk being eliminated.
- Medallions: In addition to the Resurrection medallion, three other medallions are available for the players to use. These include: the Ghost Medallion, which allows the holder to secretly steal another player's ballot vote, the Fire Medallion, which allows the holder to instantly nominate a player for the ballot, and the Chaos Medallion, which allows the holder to erase the ballot nominations and leave all the players up for elimination, excluding the holder of the Chaos medallion and the exemption challenge winner.
New Features/Twists Edit
- Second Chances: The returning contestants are all competing in their second chance at the prize. These players are looking to redeem their previous losses.
- Purgatory: For the first time in series history, previously eliminated contestants are given the opportunity to return to the game. Following each elimination during the faction stage, the cast-offs are taken to a secret island known as Purgatory. After the first nine eliminations, these contestants compete to earn their place back in the game. The two players that survive purgatory are re-entered into the game.
Episode Progress Edit
|WINNER||The contestant won The Cataclysm.|
|Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 2nd place.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge as the Commander (Faction Stage), and nominated three opposing players for the voting ballot.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge and was immune from elimination.|
|SAFE||The contestant was not immune, but was not placed in the ballot.|
|LOW||The contestant faced the voting ballot and survived.|
|BTM||The contestant faced the voting ballot and received the second highest number of votes.|
|ELIM||The contestant received the highest number of votes and was subsequently eliminated.|
- On Episode 3, Katya played the Resurrection Medallion, therefore removing her name from the ballot.
- On Episode 7, Aaron played the Chaos Medallion, thus adding all of Halmahera's members in the ballot.
- On Episode 8, Aubrey played the Ghost Medallion and stole Corey's ballot vote.
- On Episode 10, Lucien and Romeo survived Purgatory and re-entered the game. Both were granted immunity for the first individual ballot.
- On Episode 11, Alexis played the Resurrection Medallion, therefore removing her name from the ballot.
- On Episode 13, Hugo played the Fire Medallion, nominating Keven for the ballot.
- On Episode 14, Taryn played the Chaos Medallion, thus adding all eligible players in the ballot.