The Cataclysm: New World is the seventeenth season of the fictional reality competition series The Cataclysm. It is the first season since Honduras to begin without factions. It is also the first season ever to not include teams of any sort.
Taking place in the Polynesian island country of Tokelau, nine men and nine women compete in the ultimate test of strength, endurance, and intelligence in order to be the "last one standing" and claim the $2,000,000 prize.
Contestants Karim Gibbs and Aliyah Nash returned to compete on The Cataclysm: Immortals - Champions Vs. Avengers. Charlotte Pearce would later return to compete on The Cataclysm: Vietnam. Jackson King returned to compete on The Cataclysm XXV. Nash competed a third time on The Ultimate Cataclysm. Curtis Moreno would later return for The Cataclysm: Resurrection II.
- Exemption Challenge: The Cataclysm's immunity challenge. The winner(s) of this challenge is exempt from elimination.
- Ballot: The Cataclysm's elimination round. Those nominated to face the ballot risk being eliminated.
- Medallions: In addition to the Resurrection Medallion, the other medallions available to use are: the Fire Medallion, which allows the holder to instantly nominate a player for the ballot, and the Chaos Medallion, which allows the holder to erase the ballot nominations and leave all the players up for elimination, excluding the holder of the chaos medallion and the exemption challenge winner.
New Features and Twists
- New World: For the first time in series history, all contestants compete individually from the start. All 18 contestants are isolated on one island. Together they must establish a living area and must win individual challenges to guarantee safety.
- Open ballot: As part of the New World twist, all contestants not exempt from elimination are automatically nominated for the ballot.
- New World Exemption: At each Exemption Challenge during the New World stage, a select number of people will be safe. The winners of the Exemption Challenge will not nominate any players for the ballot and they will not be able to cast a vote at the ballot.
|WINNER||The contestant won The Cataclysm.|
|Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 2nd place.|
|2nd Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 3rd place.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge (Solo Stage), and nominated three opposing players for the voting ballot.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge and was immune from elimination.|
|SAFE||The contestant was not exempt and survived the ballot. The contestants did not win the Exemption Challenge, but was not nominated for the ballot (Solo Stage).|
|LOW||The contestant faced the voting ballot, was nominated for the ballot (Solo Stage), received the lowest number of votes, and survived.|
|BTM||The contestant faced the voting ballot, was nominated for the ballot (Solo Stage), and received the second highest number of votes.|
|ELIM||The contestant received the highest number of votes, was nominated for the ballot (Solo Stage) and was subsequently eliminated.|
- On Episode 7, Xavier played the Fire Medallion, and nominated Aliyah for the voting ballot.
- On Episode 8, Sofia played the Resurrection Medallion, thus voiding her nomination in the voting ballot.
- On Episode 9, Jordan played the Chaos Medallion, thus nominating everyone into the ballot excluding himself.
- On Episode 11, Karim played the Resurrection Medallion, thus voiding his nomination in the voting ballot.
- On Episode 13, Xavier played the Resurrection Medallion, thus voiding his nomination in the voting ballot.