The Cataclysm: Maluku Islands is the twelfth season of the fictional reality competition series The Cataclysm. Ten men and ten women compete in the ultimate test of strength, endurance, and intelligence in order to be the "last one standing" and claim the $2,000,000 prize.
This season takes place in the Maluku Islands of Indonesia.
Contestants Laurel English, Lucien Evans, and Elijah Barker returned to compete on The Cataclysm: Resurrection. This season also took place in the Maluku Islands. Brittani Sanford later received a second chance on The Cataclysm: Visayas. Casey Landon and Lyle King later returned to compete on The Cataclysm: Immortals - Champions Vs. Avengers. Sanford later returned along with Pat Jackson to compete on The Cataclysm XXV. Landon made another return on The Ultimate Cataclysm. Jeanna Kirkland returned after 10 years for The Cataclysm: Resurrection II.
- Exemption Challenge: The Cataclysm's immunity challenge. The winner(s) of this challenge is exempt from elimination.
- Commander: Prior to an exemption challenge during the faction stage, each team must select a member to be the team captain. This player becomes the Commander for that challenge. The Commander of the winning faction gets to nominate three players from the opposite team to face the voting ballot.
- Ballot: The Cataclysm's elimination round. Those nominated to face the ballot risk being eliminated.
- Medallions: In addition to the Resurrection medallion, three other medallions are available for the players to use. These include: the Ghost Medallion, which allows the holder to secretly steal another player's ballot vote, the Fire Medallion, which allows the holder to instantly nominate a player for the ballot, and the Chaos Medallion, which allows the holder to erase the ballot nominations and leave all the players up for elimination, excluding the holder of the Chaos medallion and the exemption challenge winner.
New Features/Twists Edit
- Additional Faction: On Episode 3, the contestants are drafted between three factions instead of the initial two.
- Double Ballot: On Episode 7, two factions faced the ballot which resulted in two eliminations on one episode.
Episode Progress Edit
|WINNER||The contestant won The Cataclysm.|
|Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 2nd place.|
|2nd Runner-Up||The contestant finished in 3rd place.|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge as the Commander, and nominated three opposing players for the voting ballot. (Faction Stage)|
|WIN||The contestant won the Exemption Challenge and was immune from elimination. Nominated three players for the voting ballot. (Solo Stage)|
|SAFE||The contestant was not immune, but was not placed in the bottom three.|
|LOW||The contestant faced the voting ballot and survived.|
|BTM||The contestant faced the voting ballot and received the second highest number of votes.|
|ELIM||The contestant received the highest number of votes and was subsequently eliminated.|
- On Episode 4, Elijah played the Resurrection Medallion on Angie, voiding her nomination in the voting ballot.
- On Episode 10, Casey played the Chaos Medallion, erasing Angie's nominations and leaving everyone up for elimination.
- On Episode 12, Casey played the Resurrection Medallion, voiding her nomination in the voting ballot.